Personal Data and Information Notice
Tanah Sutera Development Sdn Bhd and its subsidiary (“We”) respect and treat the privacy of individuals with regards to your personal data seriously.
In view of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("the Act") which came into force on 15th November 2013, we have developed this Personal Data and Information Notice to safeguard the personal data of all our stakeholders. This Notice serves as a guide on how we collect, process, use, disclose, transfer and store your personal data or information. Please read the Notice carefully to understand your rights to your personal data.
A. Collection of Personal Data
During the course of your dealings, visits to our offices, property launches / road shows / exhibitions, websites or social medias, any transactions or correspondence with us, we may request you, in oral or written communications, to provide data or information about yourself ("Personal Data”) to enable us to negotiate, enter into, process, communicate and complete any transaction with you or to deliver and / or communicate necessary notices and / or information on our services and / or products in connection with our business.
The collection, retention, usage, process and disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary in order to facilitate / complete our business process, execution, communication and delivery, of our services and / or products, customer relationship management, current and future property planning and development, market research or analysis, and events including promotional events with business partners within our projects / townships.
B. Types of Personal Data Collected
Depending on the nature of transactions, the types of Personal Data that we collect include but is not limited to the followings:-
Name, identity card number, passport details, age, date of birth, gender, marital status, nationality, race, income range, average spending, EPF details, tax particulars, SOCSO number, religion, correspondence and residential address, telephone number, fax number, handphone number, email, office telephone number, office fax number, spouse or next of kin information, children information, profession, employer details, education background and certificates, medical information, employer feedback, work history, references, performance review, disciplinary actions, bank information, credit card details, type and brand of vehicle, vehicle no, vehicle entry and exit records, photos and images.
C. Impact of Non-Provision / Update of Your Personal Data
Please note that the failure to provide / update your Personal Data to us may result in the following and we shall not be held liable for any of the consequences arising therefrom:-
- Affect the ability of the parties to formalise / enter into any Sale and Purchase Agreement / Employment Contract / Tender / Letter of Awards in relation to the sale of property and / or products and / or services and / or matters related to human resource management;
- Affect the ability of the parties to negotiate and formalise, comply with and / or complete a commercial transaction and / or Tenancy / Leasing Agreement in relation to the rental of a property / land / building;
- Affect our ability to provide you with the notices, services and/or products requested;
- Affect our ability to keep you posted with our latest product announcement and / or upcoming events; and
- Affect our ability to comply with any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by laws, guidelines and / or codes applicable to us.
You shall be responsible to ensure that the Personal Data you provide to us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such Personal Data is updated in a timely manner.
D. Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
The purposes we collect, process and use your Personal Data include but is not limited to the followings:
- Preparation and execution of all necessary documents and / or agreement and / or contract in relation to purchase or rent of properties and / or products and / or services mutually agreed upon;
- Preparation and execution of all necessary documents and / or agreement and / or contract for any commercial transactions in relation to any projects, products and/or services; and
- To deliver notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you by e-mail, regular postal mail, telecommunication means or other social media;
- The maintenance and upkeep of customer records;
- Marketing and related activities pertaining to our projects and / or products and / or services;
- Credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary;
- Prevention of crime;
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- Handing over, customer care and defect rectification works for properties;
- Services after the handing over of properties, such as residents committee, club house maintenance, security and / or customer loyalty programmes; and
- Enable us to furnish and submit your Personal Data to the relevant parties, including but not limited to the government agency / statutory authorities / industry regulators, as may be required by the law from time to time.
E. Disclosure and Usage of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential. However you hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties under conditions of confidentiality:-
- Any person / organization to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in response to a competent or government agency / statutory authorities / industry regulators;
- Our business partners / affiliates who provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers;
- Our sub-contractors or other service / product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- Third party property management companies / entities in respect of the management of property that customers have purchased; and / or
- Our appointed service providers in relation to our loyalty programs.
F. Safeguarding of Personal Data
We endeavour to implement necessary administrative and technical measures, where practicable, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, to process and keep your Personal Data in a secured manner. We shall endeavour to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alteration or destruction.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data via all practicable measures, we cannot ensure and warrant the security of your Personal Data for transmission over the internet. You shall undertake that all data transmission over the internet are done at your own risk.
G. Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in Tanah Sutera offices or stored in servers located in or outside of Malaysia and operated by us or external service providers in or outside of Malaysia. We limit access to internal systems that hold Personal Data to a group of authorised users on a need-to-know basis.
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in this Notice or to satisfy any legal, regulatory and / or accounting requirements or to protect the Company’s interests.
H. Transfer of Personal Data
Depending on the business or legal / regulatory requirements, we may transfer your Personal Data to any parties located within or outside of Malaysia. Any Personal Data transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in this Notice only.
I. Rights of Access to Your Personal Data
Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by us. You may make a request to correct or update your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date or to limit the processing of your Personal Data. You may address any queries or complaints regarding the use of your Personal Data or regarding this Notice, using the contact information provided below.
Sales & Marketing Department
Tanah Sutera Development Sdn Bhd
No. 2, Jalan Sutera Merah 2,
81200 Johor Bahru, Johor
Attn: Mr. Daniel Tan
Tel No.: +607-289 9009
Fax No.: +607-289 9119
Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under the contractual conditions. We reserve the right to charge you a prescribed fee for the processing of any data access request.
We do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us
J. Choices to Limit Processing of Personal Data
You may at any time withdraw or amend, wholly or in part, your preference in relation to the use / processing of your Personal Data, subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions given a reasonable time frame via the contact information stated in (I) above.